24 Feb MINDSHIFT TALENT ADVISORY – fourth debate: “IMPLEMENTATION OF A TSUNAMI WARNING AND ALERT SYSTEM IN THE TAGUS ESTUARY”
ORGANIZATION: MINDSHIFT TALENT ADVISORY
DATE OF THE DEBATE: 24/02/2022
LOCATION OF THE DEBATE: Cascais
LINK TO THE MONITORED PROJECT ON THE NATIONAL OPEN DATA PLATFORM: HERE
The third debate of the monitoring process of the “Implementation of a tsunami warning and alert system in the Tagus estuary” project took place in Cascais, one of the beneficiaries municipalities of this action, and was organised into two distinct parts. The first part, was reserved for a field visit, led by a technician from the municipality, aimed at visiting the equipment’s installed under this project, namely the digital informative and interactive panels of Baía de Cascais and the sound warning system at Teatro Gil Vicente. The second part was dedicated to the debate session, organised in an interview format. The questions that guided the debate-interview were:
– Which technicians of the municipality are involved in the project? And with what technical skills and responsibilities?
– What is the implementation status of the project? Have all activities been completed within the planed period?
– What concrete results have been developed during the project implementation period?
– How have the local populations been involved in this project?
– How do you evaluate the involvement of local populations in this project?
– At this stage, how do you rate the effectiveness of project implementation?
– How will the sustainability and also monitoring of this project be ensured in the future?
Those technically responsible for the implementation of the project in Cascais, including civil protection officers, answered all questions, providing the monitoring team with additional information and data for the monitoring report. It was possible to verify, during this monitoring session, that the project in the municipality of Cascais was successful in terms of its technical implementation as well as in the awareness raising, training and information actions carried out with the populations served by this set of equipments.